“Bully” – Boxcar Plug Door Opener
Approximate Lead Time: 2 – 3 weeks
The “Bully” Boxcar Plug Door Opener is designed to open boxcar plug doors without the danger of physical stress to the operator. The “Bully” can be operated from the seat of a fork truck/lift; it can also be adapted to be run from many other types of fork devices.
The “Bully” is powered by 2 each 12-volt batteries which operate a hydraulic pump. The hydraulic pump in turn operates a small motor that turns the spindles that engage the railcar plug door. The arms of the “Bully” are set at 8 rpm which opens the boxcar plug door…with adjustability for different needs and requirements.
Since the power arm is self-adjusting, the fork lift (device) will not have to be moved as the boxcar plug door opens. If you are using a forklift, you can next use one of the extended side arms to push the boxcar plug door open.
- Accepts a maximum width fork of 6 ¾”
- The Bully can be adapted to be run from many types of fork devices. The forklift driver powers the Bully remotely.
- Two 12-volt deep cycle marine batteries of the Bully run a 12-volt hydraulic pump power the unit. The hydraulic pump in turn operates a small motor that turns the spindle arm that engages the door.
- The arm of the Bully will turn at 10 rpm: opening the door in about 20 seconds. Since the power arm slides on the shaft, the forklift does not have to be moved when opening the door; however, the Bully should be level when engaging the door. If you are using a forklift, you can next use one of the extended side arms to push the door open.
- Maintenance on the Bully is limited to checking the fluids on the hydraulic system and the batteries. You can use standard hydraulic fluid used in your other equipment should you need to add fluid.
- Comes with a 24-volt battery charger. The batteries are quite common and the charger will deliver a full charge in 4 hours. The charger will turn itself off and even restart if needed.