The Multi Position Beam Mounted Hopper Gate Opener is the optimal tool for opening the toughest hopper gates in a busy railyard.
The unit features an electric over hydraulic system with powered height adjustment as well as forward and retract motion. This enables simple lever operated adjustment to fit the wide range of railcar capstan heights and depths. The free-moving trolley system rolls easily by hand and allows for moving trains and capstans. This beam mounted unit only requires single person operation, and it works to prevent operator injury.
Improve safety and increase productivity with our flagship unit: the Multi Position Beam Mounted hopper gate opener.
The unit is easily modified to fit into most unloading areas with customized shaft lengths. In addition, a rotation option is available to completely remove the drive shaft from the walkway. This is especially helpful in tight layouts, as this option also prevents the driveshaft from making contact with the railcar.
Call for Availability
Multi-Position Beam Mounted Railcar Hopper Gate Opener
shown above with rotating base option in both storage (left) and operational (right) configurations
- Prevents operator injury
- Beam mounted, enables maximum unloading speed
- Hydraulically powered vertical and forward/retract motion
- Single person operation – lever operated
- Smooth, continuous torque
- Low maintenance cost
- Low maximum noise: 85 dBA
- Beam mounted – W6 x 25 Beam (customer supplied)
- Multiple electric power options 1PH/3PH, 3HP/5HP, 110 – 575 Volt
- Explosion proof motor – Class I, Groups C & D, Division 1 & Class II, Groups F & G, Division 2
- Hydraulically powered 18” vertical adjustment / 24” forward & retract
- Customizable shaft lengths and rotation option to fit most work spaces
- Durable Powder Coat – Safety yellow