The Ride-On Beam Mounted Hopper Gate Opener is the optimal tool for opening the toughest hopper gates in the busiest high-volume railyards.
Improve safety and productivity with our NEW Ride-On Beam Mounted Hopper Gate Opener.
High volume unloading areas require the highest speed, efficiency, and obviously safety. Our new Ride-On unit provides all of this, allowing the operator to control the unit from a comfortable seated position.
This unit features our largest electric over hydraulic system. With simple hand controls, while seated, the operator can traverse the beam while adjusting drive bit height and position to fit any railcar. The shaft RPM’s are the fastest in our product line, and our highest torque hydraulic motor is included as a standard feature to ensure that your operation is not slowed down by tough hopper gates.
To optimize space, the front end of the unit rotates 90 degrees to remove the shaft and drive bit from the railcar path, and to provide a clear walkway. This feature, along with customizable shaft lengths, allows for the unit to fit in most unloading areas.
Utilizing the best features from our existing Multi-Position unit, combined with a completely new sled design and power unit, the new Ride-On Hopper Gate Opener is ready to handle your biggest challenge. See below for detailed benefits and features.
Call for Availability
Ride-On Beam Mounted Railcar Hopper Gate Opener
- Seated, single person operation
- Ergonomically placed controls
- Highest unloading speed
- Smooth, powerful, continuous torque
- Rotating front end for storage
- Built-in oil cooler for continuous use in hot environments
- Only 70 dB during operation
- Available with Remote Control Transmitter
- Electric over hydraulic system
- 7.5HP 230/460 Volt Motor
- Rides on standard W6 x 25 Beam (customer supplied)
- Travel speed (along beam): Adjustable 85′ – 140′ per minute
- Lock out / tag out switch with overload protection
- 18″ vertical adjustment/ 24″ forward & retract
- Shaft speed: 20 RPM ( at no load)
- No Chain: Easy to maintain Power Drive